FOR THE SOUL
- 1 Cup Adversity
- 6 Cups Forgiveness (divided)
- 2 Cups Compassion
- 8 Cups Patience
- 1 Cup Courage
- ½ cup Worthiness
FOR THE SPIRIT
- ¼ Cup Gratitude
- 4 Tablespoons Humor
- 3 Heaping Tablespoons Imagination
TO PREPARE THE SOUL FOR SELF-ACCEPTANCE:
1. Turn the mind on to Contemplation for 365 days.
2. Soften the Adversity with 3 cups of Forgiveness. The nutrients in Forgiveness allow feelings from Adversity (shame, guilt, fear, and doubt) to dissolve into learning experiences of overcoming obstacles.
3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, turn Compassion on HIGH Bring to a boil. Be sure to boil Compassion in order to remove pathogens from the mind such as blame, denial, addiction, and indecision. Once the pathogens are removed, bring Compassion to room temperature to prevent curdling.
4. Whisk remaining 3 cups of Forgiveness into the Compassion. The purpose of whisking Forgiveness into the Compassion is to ensure enough Forgiveness has been added to prevent the Compassion from becoming granular.
5. Pour Patience in a large mixing bowl. Add the mixture of Adversity, Forgiveness, and Compassion to the Patience. Patience acts as a base to allow self-acceptance to unfold when the soul is handled tenderheartedly.
6. Start adding Courage. Courage strengthens the dough of self-acceptance. Courage allows us to stare all of our perceived flaws and disadvantageous experiences in the face, and begin to honor ALL of self. Thus, transforming our Self-Acceptance recipe.
7. Add Worthiness to the Self-Acceptance dough. Worthiness thrives on Forgiveness, Compassion, Patience, and Courage, allowing expansion. Allow your Self-Acceptance dough to rise and expand.
TO PREPARE THE SPIRIT
Top Self-Acceptance dough with Gratitude (removes self-loathing and self-deprecation), Humor (adds perspective), and Imagination (creates life in high definition) to enjoy the sweetness of the dough. Bake at 15-30 minutes of contemplation daily, or until self-acceptance has actualized.
Jessica Sharpenstein, M.S., C.W.C.